A Broken Promise

I made myself a promise when I left my job five months ago- that when I worked at home I would always get up in the morning, get dressed, make myself presentable and walk downstairs to my studio as if I were walking into work. As you can see in the photo above, that all fell to the wayside, along with not working at night, on weekends and being more balanced in my life. While completely happy and in bliss that I am FINALLY working as a full artist, I am also struggling BIG time right now with finding a healthy groove. I am learning things about myself that I never knew when I worked jobs for other people- the biggest is that I never really cared that much (sorry old job!). Now that I work for myself, I care too much. I finally have the opportunity to do what I have loved since I was a kid- to create and make things for a living and I am finding that my heart and my passion are wrapped up in everything that I do. While really fulfilling- it is truly exhausting. So with the start of a new week I am taking control of the promises I made, giving myself permission to break a couple of them and find new ways to take better care of myself and my new lifestyle!

Komentar