I Love My Holga!



I have quietly and humbly been pursuing a little side project for the last couple of years and that is working on a body photography to one day do something with- like maybe open another etsy shop. And I am to say happy that I am getting very close to this little goal! While I have been taking photos since yearbook class in high school it has been something that has continued to inspire me throughout my creative journey. Taking photos is a really great compliment to drawing and painting and has really helped me work on understanding of composition, color, lighting and design in my artwork.

I am lucky to have a nice little collection of cameras that I have slowly been accumulating through the years and latest addition this summer was a Holga that I finally made time to use over the holiday. I took a ton of pics (with all my cameras) but was most excited to see what came from the Holga! Today I picked up the photos from the lab- nothing like having to wait for film- I tore into the envelope and was really pleased to see that I did not ruin anything and actually got some very dreamy, retro and whimsical looking photos. Lets hear it for Holga!! Here are a couple of my favorites!













Komentar