Messy Canvas Calendar Tutorial



I am obsessed with calendars- I carry one with me everywhere I go, I have one in the kitchen, one in my studio and often one in each room. This year I decided to make my calendars instead of buying them and I decided to make my calendar look like a little piece of messy art!


There are tons of free calendar templates online and I found one with the whole year on one page- perfect for my kitchen calendar!

I started by printing it out on Claudine Hellmuth's Sticky Back Canvas.







Trim to size and set aside.



Paint a stretched canvas (I chose to recycle one that I already have and painted over it for a fresh start!)



drip....



drip some more...


scratch...


swipe...




layer messy colors...


stencil...



free write...



and glob thick paint to create a layered and messy canvas.




Stick the calendar to the wet paint (or glue or utilize the back of the Sticky Back Canvas by sticking it onto the surface.)


The end result is a colorful and messy calendar!






p.s. Don't forget you have until Wednesday to enter to win a free online class- see post below!!!

Komentar