buffalo chicken salad

IMG_0623
Now that I am finally back home and back into my routine it is time to get back into the kitchen! Recently I ordered a yummy buffalo chicken salad while out to dinner and thought it would be really easy meal to make at home. If you love spice this is a fun, easy and flavor filled salad to make.


IMG_0599
First I started by making the buffalo sauce. There are all kinds of ways to create a yummy sauce but I kept it simple.

your favorite hot sauce- I used about 1/2 cup
about 2-3 tablespoons of butter
a sprinkle of salt and pepper
a little bit of minced garlic
and a dash of white vinegar


IMG_0601
I combined everything in a sauce pan and warmed it on med/low temp. until the butter was completely melted.


IMG_0602
I cut up some chicken breasts and then covered them with the sauce (I saved a little bit of sauce for later)


IMG_0605
I placed the chicken in a baking dish and baked at about 350 degrees for around 10-12 minuted or until the chicken was cooked.


IMG_0606
While the chicken was baking I made a batch of cornbread that would be turned into croutons.
Since I was in a hurry I used a box mix


IMG_0607
IMG_0609
and lined a shallow cookie pan with batter. I baked and then cut it up into cubes and baked the cubed cornbread again for about 5-7 minutes to get them a little more crispy.


IMG_0612

IMG_0610
Once the chicken was done, I removed it from the oven and tossed it with a little more of the buffalo sauce.


IMG_0613
Next, I prepared the greens.



c
Because the chicken is spicy it is nice to have a something to cool things off- you could add your favorite cheese, blue cheese crumbles or even a creamy based dressing.


IMG_0618
Last, I added the chicken and the cornbread croutons and tossed everything together.


IMG_0620
The result is a yummy, easy meal with TONS of flavor!

Komentar