baked cake doughnuts

IMG_8726
Ok so if you didn't know (from this post, this post and this post) I love doughnuts-like A LOT. In fact I have a dream of one day opening a doughnut shop in my hometown on the Oregon Coast someday.

IMG_8746
If I could eat doughnuts everyday I would but that wouldn't be so healthy. So recently I have been on a mission to make my own doughnuts without the frying.

IMG_8717
When I found this super cool doughnut pan it sealed the deal- I had to make my own baked doughnuts. This great pan makes a variety of different doughnut possible!

IMG_8718
To my surprise there are all sorts of fabulous baked doughnut recipes out there and I paired a couple of them together to come up with my own.


IMG_8719
I started by mixing the dry ingredients-

2 cups of cake flour
3/4 cup of sugar
2 teaspoons of baking soda
1 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon



IMG_8721
and then added the wet ingredients and mixed everything together-

3/4 cup of buttermilk
2 eggs
2 tablespoons of butter
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla



IMG_8722
Next I added the batter to the doughnut pan.


IMG_8723
and baked at 350 degrees for 7-8 minutes.


IMG_8725
I let them cool and then dipped the doughnuts in melted butter and then dipped then in cinnamon and sugar.


IMG_8727

IMG_8732

IMG_8734
And while I put another batch in the oven I quickly devoured a warm cinnamon and sugar doughnut.

going....

IMG_8735
going....


IMG_8761
just about gone :) yum


IMG_8736
For my second batch I made a simple glaze-

1/4 cup of milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups of powdered sugar.

Combine everything in sauce pan and heat on low.
Whisk everything together until combined and remove from heat.


IMG_8738
I dipped the doughnuts into the glaze


IMG_8739
and set on a drying rack.


IMG_8753

IMG_8760
Regardless of the glaze or topping these doughnuts are so delicious but taste more like cake than a fried doughnut- a perfect way to satisfy a doughnut craving :)

Komentar