paper flowers holiday wreath

IMG_1667
I cannot believe the holidays are upon us and this weekend I took some time to start my own preparations. First I worked on creating a wreath- if you have been reading my blog you will know that I really enjoy celebrating the seasons with a handmade wreath like here, here, here and here

IMG_1364
Crafting with book pages are all the rage these days and I love using them to draw and paint on.
I started by drawing a simple flower (inspired by a poinsettia)


IMG_1366
Using watercolors I filled the flowers with color.


IMG_1369
and added details.


IMG_1370
I created lots and lots of pages filled with flowers and leaves.


IMG_1371
Next I cut out all of the flowers and leaves.

IMG_1372
IMG_1374
I used a styrofoam wreath and a glue gun and glued the flowers to the surface


IMG_1375
I layered the flowers to create fullness.

IMG_1377
IMG_1376
And there you have it! A simple but beautiful handmade wreath using VERY few supplies and $$$!

IMG_1666
IMG_1667
And for those of you who don't draw or don't have the time- I've got a holiday flowers paper wreath kit in my shop!

Komentar