blue china inspired mugs

When my friends over at iLoveToCreate asked if I would try out their new PaintedbyMe markers and mugs, I was over the moon! As many of you know, I am pretty darn picky about the products I promote here on the blog but I am so excited about these markers and mugs.  FINALLY a permanent, FDA-approved, food safe marker is available (this is kinda a big deal)! This means everyone is easily able to decorate and bake unique personalized mugs that are food, dishwasher and microwave safe at home.
There are 13 colors of markers available, a variety of mugs to choose from and they even offer stencils to use on the mugs. 

I decided to wanted to make a pair of blue china inspired mugs- one for me and one as a gift for my mom to use when we have our monthly business meetings.

The process is as simple as shaking up the marker and holding down the pen to get it flowing. Then you can get creative drawing, writing or doodling!

I started by drawing flowers. 
Note: If you make a mistake or want to start over, you can clean the mug off with rubbing alcohol.

Once the entire surface was filled with blue flowers I added little touches of gold here and there.

The last step was to bake the mug in the oven at 375 degrees for 40 minutes. 
The blue mug is for me and I created a turquoise mug for my mom that I will be filling with her favorite herbal tea and goodies.

With a little creativity and a few simple supplies, it is SUPER easy to make personalized ceramics at home!



Komentar