glow in the dark pumpkins


I've been painting pumpkins during the fall for a very long time- so long that I kinda consider myself a pioneer of pumpkin painting! Back in 2010 my pretty painted pumpkins tutorial went viral and since then it has become a yearly tradition of mine to come up with a variety of unique pumpkin tutorials with the hope to inspire others to push the boundaries with paint and a pumpkin! I've got a few fun ideas coming your way in the weeks ahead and today I am kicking off the season with some glow in the dark pumpkins. 

Recently my friends at iLoveToCreate asked me if I would create another version of my pretty painted pumpkins but using their glow in the dark dimensional paint...it's no secret that I LOVE puff paint so I jumped at the challenge!

While you can use a plain pumpkin, I really enjoy starting with a colorful coat of paint. And since I am not into using typical fall or Halloween colors, I painted my pumpkins with a couple of pretty pastel colors.

I used a variety of the Tulip Dimensional Glow in the Dark Paint in a variety of colors. The great think about the dimensional paint is that is comes in a variety of really pretty colors which means your pumpkins will look really cool in both daylight and in the dark!


I used the paint and slowly added my decorative design around and around the pumpkin. I like to use lots of simple shapes that I embellish with tiny dots.


I painted a handful of pumpkins in different shapes and sizes.


In the daylight, the pumpkins are light and airy- a really pretty alternative to all those dark heavy fall colors and decor.

In the dark these pumpkins come alive! Use a black light or "charge" them in sunlight and they will glow bright!

Looking for more pumpkin decorating inspiration? 

You can read all about what I call "the art of decorating a pumpkin" HERE

OR 

check out all of the different pumpkin decorating tutorials below!






painted pattern pumpkins    sketchbook pumpkins    messy pumpkins   black and white pumpkins 




woodland creatures pumpkins

Komentar