painted party pumpkins from make wells






Hi! It's Megan from Makewells here today with a colorful post showing my own version of "fall - South Florida style!"  If you are like me, then you totally drool over Alisa's gorgeous pumpkins every year. I look forward to seeing what she will create every year! So, I decided to make my own collection this year, incorporating bold colors and hand lettering!

We don't get much of a change color wise here, so I stuck with my favorite bright, beachy palette. 



Instead of a spooky, Halloween theme, I wanted to do some encouraging, positive lettering on a few pumpkins. So after painting some bold brush strokes on each pumpkin, I added some black lettering on a few.

Each pumpkin had a unique color scheme...but they all compliment each other and our wooden, "Florida" patio furniture. 




To make the lettering really stand out against the bright and busy backgrounds, I added a white drop shadow for an extra pop.



These pumpkins will sit outside and be subject to the sun and rain, so after painting I used a clear acrylic sealer to help them last the whole season. 


Now we have a some fall decor to brighten up our front porch and welcome guests to our home! Thank you Alisa for the inspiration with your pumpkins! The possibilities are truly endless!




I hope you all are enjoying your fall, wherever you happen to be. Keep using #redefinitecreativelettering when you post to instagram, I love seeing what you are creating!

Xo - Megan

@Makewells (instagram)

Komentar