a peek inside my art journal: fast and messy pages

My life is really busy right now and even though art is my job, I always like to work on things that nobody will ever see! Taking time to experiment, practice and play in my sketchbook and art journal is a really important way that I stay inspired. But when I am busy, it can be a challenge making time in to create for myself. 

When my schedule gets hectic, I like to fall back on the things that keep me inspired- simple, colorful and messy techniques. Typically this process happens in my art journal and instead of taking lots of time working on a page, I give myself 10-15 minutes to fill a couple pages with color. I use swipes of color, expressive painting, finger painting, free writing and fast doodling to fill a surface. These colorful pages become the background and the first of many layers.


art journal peek from Alisa Burke on Vimeo.



Interested in seeing more of more of my art journaling process? Head on over the the shop and check out two of my most popular mini classes- Art Journal Delight and Art Journal Bliss, I've got them on SALE for you guys this week!


Komentar