ZOODLE pad thai

The only way that I am able to eat healthly is taking the time to cook things that have lots of flavor and mimic some of my favorite unhealthy foods! One of my favorite things in the world is Pad Thai and while it's not the worst thing to eat, I really like finding ways that I can be a little bit healthier. Right now I am loving zucchini noodles or "noodles". They are a great option for paleo or gluten free diets and I like using them as a noodle or pasta substitute in my favorite dishes.

All you need to create vegetable noodles is either a julienne peeler or a spiraliser

INGREDIENTS FOR ONE BIG BOWL OF PAD THAI:
3 green zucchini, inspiralized
2 yellow zucchini, inspiralized
3 carrots, inspiralized
1 handful of shredded purple cabbage
2 sweet peppers
handful of diced cilantro
handful of diced green peppers
squeeze of lime
2 tablespoons coconut oil

PEANUT SAUCE:
2 tablespoons smooth natural peanut butter
2 tablespoons coconut milk
1 tablespoon lime juice
2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper, or to taste

Begin by inspiralzing all those vegetables and mix them together.
Heat a large skillet.
Add two of tablespoons of coconut oil.
Flash fry the zoodles for about 2-3 minutes.
Remove from heat, transfer to a bowl and add the peanut sauce. 
Toss the zoodles until they are covered in the peanut sauce and ENJOY!








Komentar